We eat a lot of pizza in this house: it's easy to whip up and customizable enough, so everyone eats what they want. Plus, it's nutritious and filing by loading up on veggies while leaving out the cheese. What I love about the summer is there is no shortage of local, organic veggies, and using naan bread instead of the traditional pizza dough gives you a smaller, softer version of your favorite pizza.
I'm sure you noticed, but the cool thing about this pizza is there's no cheese: just flavor. If you love different sauces and dressings as much as I do, then you'll love creating your own summer pizza masterpieces: there is no limit to what you can top these babies with. Not only that, but you get a couple servings of your daily veggies and nutrients.
This recipe is enough for one personal naan pizza. Double up on the ingredients to share with others, or make a bunch for a summer party: there's no doubt you'll impress even your meat-eating family and friends with something as flavorful and colorful as this while feeling confident about the food you're fueling your body with.
P.S. My reformed summer pizza is a take on this grilled caprese naan pizza.
The Reformed Summer Pizza Ingredients
As always, buy organic and non-GMO where possible:
- 1 piece of frozen (or fresh!) naan bread
- 2 tbsp of fresh pesto + minced / chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup of thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup of 'shrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup of greens, like arugula or baby romaine
- 1/2 cup medium size cuke, thinly sliced
- Herbs de Provence, olive oil and balsamic vinegar as toppings to taste
- Pre-heat your oven to 350F and place your naan bread on a baking sheet.
- Pop your naan into the pre-heated oven and bake until it softens: this usually takes only a couple minutes.
- Carefully take the naan out of the oven, spread pesto + garlic; add a layer of your sliced red onion.
- Place the naan back into the oven to cook the red onions for about 5-8 minutes. Leave your naan in as long as you'd like, depending on the crispyness you desire.
- Take naan out of oven and cover with remaining ingredients in same order as above.
- MAX OUT!
What are your favorite Reformed Summer Pizza toppings? Leave 'em in the comments below.
Join the Tribe.
If yes, sign up here to receive these posts by email, plus a free beginner's guide to plant-powered living. Plus, you'll gain access to new plant-based product reviews, discounts, and announcements.