It's the season: pumpkin! There's a reason why pumpkin is so popular during this time of year: it grows in abundance! Not only is pumpkin grounding, it's also high in fiber, antioxidants, and vitamin A. This is the only time of year where a pumpkin smoothie sounds good to me probably for grounding my energy from the high vibe of summer to the slower, lower energy of fall and winter. Here's how to make an easy pumpkin pie smoothie.
- 1.5 cup pumpkin puree: look for a non-BPA lined can, non-GMO, organic version. You'll want the canned pumpkin puree , not pumpkin pie filling.
- .5-1 banana
- .5 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice. If you don't have it, simply use ground ginger (fresh, or dried), cinnamon, and nutmeg to your liking.
- 1 cup of flax, hemp, or almond milk
- 1 tablespoon of flax seed
- optional: ice, spinach, protein powder
- Add the ingredients to a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into your favorite glass and enjoy! Sprinkle cinnamon on top for a special treat.
Are you gonna give this smoothie a go? Let us know in the comments below!
*This recipe was adapted and changed to my liking from Kris Carr.
Join the Tribe.
If yes, sign up here to receive these posts by email, plus a free beginner's guide to plant-powered living. Plus, you'll gain access to new plant-based product reviews, discounts, and announcements.