Hey, boo! I'm super pumped to tell you about my favorite healing drink right now: the Golden Goddess Healing Elixir. It's a mix of cinnamon, honey, lemon, and ginger plus warm water. It's the perfect blend for the fall, warming and detoxing our bodies from the inside out while revving up our metabolism. Plus, it tastes amazing. Win!
It's super simple to make and should take you no less than 5 minutes to prepare. All it requires is a blender or Nutribullet like I have. Throw in all your ingredients, blend it up, and you're done. Here's what you'll need.
Golden Goddess Healing Elixir Ingredients
- 1/4 to 1/2 washed organic lemon; peel intact
- 1 tablespoon of Ceylon cinnamon
- 1" piece of washed, organic ginger
- 8-12 oz warm filtered water
- Raw, local honey to taste.
Let your water cool to a warm, not hot, temperature to avoid burning yourself once you blend it all up. Then, simply add all ingredients except the honey to a blender and mix well. Once it's blended up, add your honey to taste. Simple :)
Here's a bit more about why these ingredients are fabulous for you!
- Lemon is good for detoxing your liver. Getting things flowing. Encouraging your digestive system. Vitamin C. Plus additional nutrients from the peel. 🍋
- Ginger is warming and excellent for killing parasites. It's also good for digestion and immunity. Ginger tea is a great option if you're getting sick, or are sick. ⚡
- Cinnamon is warming and healing. Fantastic for when you're feeling sick. It's also an antioxidant and high in calcium believe it or not 😍 🔥
- Warm water is easier on your body and keeps your digestive fire going. 💦
- Honey helps with coughs and balances the tartness of the lemon. 🍯
Join me in the 30 Day Golden Goddess Healing Elixir Challenge
Integrating simple holistic habits into your every day is the best way to begin, or continue, your path to transformation. I believe that we're always growing, learning, seeking, stretching our limits. Doing little challenges like this opens up our awareness and allow us to ask ourselves questions about our habits. We also are able to look at any other areas where we are feeling stuck or stagnant, balancing our lives out. If you are feeling like you need a detox, joining this simple challenge is perfect for you. It doesn't require much time, money, or energy and gives you a lot more in return.
How to join
All you need to do is drink a Golden Goddess Healing Elixir every day for 30 days. As you journey through the next 30 days, share your experience on Instagram using the hashtag #DVLiveWell and tag my profile @dievibrant, so I can find you most easily! I'd love to help support you in your journey this month as well, so be sure to say hello.
Joining the party late?
If you've found this post via Pinterest or found it after our start date of October 27, 2015, you're welcome to start anytime. Simply make the recipe daily and share your experiences on Instagram with the hashtag #DVLiveWell. Come as you are when you're ready.
Will you be joining us for the challenge? How is it going for you so far? Leave a comment below.
Join the Tribe.
If yes, sign up here to receive these posts by email, plus a free beginner's guide to plant-powered living. Plus, you'll gain access to new plant-based product reviews, discounts, and announcements.